Saturday, August 8, 2009

ZENITH NADIR – We are the Intimidators Flexi













50 Play Records – Tampa (1979)


Too bad the Zenith Nadirs only left one song, because this one is a mixed bag. For a song about intimidating others with the threat of rearranged faces, it’s a fairly dispassionate affair. The guitar is good, probably the best thing about this record, but a little studied in spots. They should have sped it up – but what did they know it being 1979 in Tampa. I’ve seen an interview with them in an old Mouth of the Rat, but know little else about them. I believe they splintered into several different bands.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I don't know if this blog is active, but my name Keith Ferrera, son of Richard Ferrera, the guitarist of Zenith Nadir. He passed away in 2016. I honestly have very little information about Zenith Nadir. My Father didn't talk a lot about the band. I remember having one of the acetates of 'We are the Intimidators', but unfortunately, as a child, didn't realize it's value and lost it somewhere along the way. He told me very little, except to say that it kinda fell apart, disagreements between the members and such, when they were starting to get some recognition. They had different ideas about how they should proceed. My Father went on to play guitar and sing in other bands throughout his life. He always loved music and continued to write, record, and play with different musicians. I am trying to learn more info about his time with Zenith Nadir and the band as a whole to document it. Nothing fancy. I just want to secure their place on the interwebs so it's not lost. If you know any other info, please reach out to me. I am on Facebook as @sivadeferrera and my email is pherrera52007@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete