Sunday, May 24, 2009

STICK FIGURES -- 4-song EP


Green Records – Tampa (1981)

N-Light
Ellis Otivator Dub
Crayola Bowling
September

I know next to nothing about this band. I would assume they were somehow connected to one of the colleges there. This would be called “math rock” today – though these are actual songs not merely exercises in tedium. You get male/female vocals with an over-exuberant bass player – maybe like a more serious Swimming Pool Q’s. Unlike the Q’s, they had the sense to quit after issuing a good single instead of slogging forward diluting their sound. Ellis Otivator Dub is an especially impressive piece of whacked out music.

2 comments:

  1. I've had this since around when it was put out - always thought September was a brilliant bit of pop that sticks in my head to this day. My brother was at New College around this time but don't think they were from there - maybe USF.

    ReplyDelete